“Patnubay sa mga Manggagawang Pilipino sa Saudi Arabia”

Kalipunang Kaakabay Ng Manggagawang Pilipino sa Ibayong Dagat

 by: Bong Amora

Patnubay sa mga Manggagawang Pilipino sa Saudi Arabia” was made possible as part of the efforts to inform and educate our fellow Overseas Filipino Workers on their rights as well as obligations as workers in the Kingdom.

This Guide was based and gathered from the Philippine Overseas Labor Office information campaign to OFW’s in the Kingdom particularly the “OFW Info Guide (Volume I&II Issue 1& 3, dtd. Sept. 2001 & January 2002)” and “OFW Guide to Saudi Labor Law (by: Former Labor Attache, Atty. Jainal Rasul, Jr. who encouraged me to form a  Filipino organization in the Industrial Area of Riyadh )”.

Former Labor Attache Jainal Rasul

Former Labor Attache Jainal Rasul, Jr.


Special thanks to Former Labor Attache Atty. Sodusta, who personally visited companies/factories in the remote areas of the 3rd Industrial Area, Riyadh during his tenure as Labor Attache in the Kingdom particularly in Central Region.

Further, our heartfelt gratitude to former Labor Attache Atty. Manuel Roldan, WelOff Armand Roa, Weloff Mustfha Glang and other POLO/OWWA officials in their continuing Outreach Program for the OFW’s in the Industrial City of Riyadh.

Part 1: Saudi Labor Cases

I: Assistance

Assistance: When an OFW seek advise and visits our PhilEmb/ConGen/POLO about their grievances and complaint.

II: Counseling

There are several ideas about counseling. Some people think that it is a form of magic-a process that offers quick solution to any problem. Others think that counselors are like doctors or physician who would prescribe appropriate medicine after a brief diagnosis of an ailment.

Often workers come to PhilEmb/ConGen/POLO/OWWA with the hope of getting instant answers to solutions to their problems. They expect that their problems will be immediately resolved and vanish right away.

Counseling is an interaction between the clients and the counselor. Counselors are trying to help them understand their problem, the causes and effects and to provide them alternatives how to solve their problems.

Summing up, counseling is purely advice giving. No specific solution but an understanding what the problem is and how to go about solving it.

A counselor will do at least 3 things during the proceedings:

1)Facilitate – to assist the parties to find a negotiated solution.
2)Evaluate – Give an objective opinion regarding the reasonableness of each party’s position.
3)De-conflict – change the frame of reference of the dispute from ZERO SUM, I WIN, YOU LOSE situation to a POSITIVE SUM, I WIN, YOU WIN situation.

III: Conciliation

Conciliation is a mild form of intervention by a neutral third party. The Conciliator/Mediator relying on his persuasive expertise, who takes an active role in assisting parties by trying to keep disputants. Talking, facilitating other procedural necessities, carrying messages back and forth between the parties and generally being a good fellow who tries to keep things calm and forward looking in a tense situation.


Mediation is a mild intervention by a neutral third party. The Conciliator/Mediator, whereby he starts advising the parties or offering solutions or alternatives to the problems with the end in view of assisting them towards voluntarily reaching their own mutual acceptable settlement of the dispute.

V: Steps and Procedure

A) POLO (Case Flow Chart)

1)Fill up Assistance Form at Registration Docket Section
Timetable (Day 1)

2)Counseling/Referral to POLO Case Officer
Timetable (Day 1)

3)Negotiation Conciliation with Employer by Case Officer
Timetable (1 to 2 weeks) 2 to 3 days for DH and 3-7 days for male/female skilled workers.

4)File Complaint at Saudi Labor Office (For Male/Female Skilled Cases)
Timetable (2 to 4 weeks)

Endorsed to Saudi Social Welfare Office (For DH Cases)
Timetable (3 to 4 weeks)
Refer Cases to Governor’s Office (For Family Drivers)
Timetable ( 4 to 6 weeks)

5)Elevate to Primary Commission in Riyadh
Timetable ( 2 ½ to 5 months for male cases)

5)Appeal to Higher Commission in Riyadh (3 to 6 months)

Note: For Male workers still working with employer. Bur for runaway Male Workers complaint should be immediately filed at Saudi Labor Office.

B)Steps/Procedure in Filing Complaints

1)OFW files complaint against Employer at Saudi Labor Office
Timetable (Day 1)

2)Saudi Labor Office issues subpoena to employer the day after filing
(Timetable (Day 2)

a)Subpoena directs employer to appear at Saudi Labor Office on the scheduled hearing.
b)OFW/POLO serves subpoena to employer.

3)1st Hearing – Timetable ( A Week Later)
a)OFW should be present during hearing to be assisted by the POLO Case Officer.
b)Saudi Labor Office Judge arbitrates claims and counter claims of OFW and Employer and exerts efforts to settle case amicably.
c)If parties agree, case is resolved.

4)2nd and 3rd Hearing – Timetable (Another Week Later)
a)If employer fails to attend first hearing. SLO issues subpoena thru police.
b)During the day of hearing parties are given the chance to settle the case. If not, SLO will elevate case to Primary Commission for trial.

5)SLO Elevates Case to Primary Commission
a)After a week from last hearing at SLO. OFW should pick up Case Referral No. and personally submit it to Primary Commission Office. OFW should then get a copy of Info Sheet to be filled up with the assistance of his POLO Case Officer.

6)Primary Commission Issues Subpoena
a)Upon submission of Info Sheet, Primary Commission issues Subpoena on the same day requiring employer to appear on the date of hearing normally set after 2 months.
b)Worker should go back to Primary Commission 2 weeks before scheduled hearing to accompany Sheriff in serving the copy of subpoena to employer.

7)1st and Subsequent Hearings
a)Judge will hear the parties, present their claims and counter claims as well as supporting documents/evidence.
b)Case may be set for several hearings after which the case will be considered submitted for decision.

8)Appeal to Higher Commission
a)Each party may appeal to Higher Commission 30 days after receipt of
decision by the Primary Commission.

Part 2: Mga Tanong at Sagot Tungkol sa Pagpapauwi ng Namatay na OFW.

Ilan sa ating mga kababayang OFW’s ang inaabot ng kanilang kamatayan dito sa Saudi Arabia at madalas, ang mga pamilya ng mga nasawi ay hinihiling ang madaliang pag pauwi ng mga labi nito.

Para sa kaalaman ng lahat, ang pagpauwi ng mga labi ng mga namatay na OFW’s ay katulad din ng pag-papauwi ng mga stranded OFW’s … kailangan din ang EXIT VISA.

Tunghayan ang mga sumusunod na tanong at kasagutan upang maunawaan ang paraan sa pagpapauwi ng mga labi ng namatay na OFW.

TANONG: Saan kumukuha ng Exit Visa para sa namatay na OFW?

Ang Exit Visa ay kinukuha sa Saudi Immigration Office. Itina-tatak ang exit visa sa passport ng namatay na OFW.

TANONG: Anu-ano ang mga kailangang papeles para makakuha ng Exit Visa?

Kailangang mayroong sulat mula sa pulis (endorsement letter) na karapat-dapat bigyan ng exit visa ang OFW. Gayundin, ang sulat mula sa pulis ay magpapapatunay na ang employer o sponsor ng nasawing OFW ay natugunan nang lahat ng mga patakaran ng Saudi Arabia sa pag-papauwi ng namatay na manggagawa.

TANONG: May kailangan bang papeles para makakuha ng sulat o endorsement letter mula sa Pulis?

Oo. Ang employer o sponsor ng namatay na OFW ay nararapat kumuha ng mga sumusunod na dokumento sa tamang opisina bago siya makakuha ng clearance para maipauwi ang labi ng OFW:

Required Documents:

1)Medical Report
Concerned Agency: Ospital kung saan namatay o dinala ang mga labi ng OFW.
Conditions of Issuance: Dapat bayad lahat ang hospital bills ng nasawi.
2)Death Certificate on the date the worker passed away.

Concerned Agency: Ministry of Interior, Directorate General of Civil Affairs.
Conditions of Issuance: Copy of the Medical Report

3)Police Report on Cause of Death

Concerned Agency: Ministry of Interior, Public Section
Conditions of Issuance: Copy of the Medical Report and Death Certificate

4)Statement and Clearance of Payment of Benefits

Concerned Agency: Saudi Labor Office (Ang ahensya ng gobyerno na siyang sumisiguro na tama at sapat ang matatanggap na benepisyo ng namatay na OFW.
Conditions of Issuance: Dapat maibigay sa Saudi Labor Office o sa tagapagmana ang kaukulang halaga ng benepisyo ng namatay na OFW.

5)No objection Certificate (NOC) on the shipment of remains

Concerned Agency: Issuance of NOC from Philippine Embassy.
Conditions of Issuance: Dapat magbigay ang pamilya ng OFW ng Acceptance Letter na tatanggapin nila ang mga labi ng nasawing OFW.

6)Blood Money o Diya Clearance (kung ang OFW ay namatay sa isang aksidente o biktima ng krimen).

Concerned Agency: Pulisya na humahawak sa imbestigasyon ng kaso.
Conditions of Issuance: Dapat ay makumpleto muna ng pulisya ang imbestigasyon sa pagkamatay ng OFW at matiyak kung sino ang dapat magbigay ng diya o blood money.

TANONG: Sapat na ba ang pagkakaroon ng Exit Visa para mapauwi kaagad ang mga labi ng namatay na OFW?

Hindi. Maliban sa exit visa, kailangan pang kumuha ng clearance mula sa morgue, Customs Office at Cargo Office bago tuluyang mapauwi ang mga labi ng namatay na OFW.

TANONG: Sino ang dapat maglakad ng mga kinakailangan papeles para mapadali ang pagpapauwi ng mga labi ng namatay na OFW?

Tanging ang employer o sponsor ng nasawing OFW ang siyang dapat maglakad ng mga papeles para agad na mapauwi ang mga labi ng namatay na OFW.

TANONG: Mayroon bang kaukulang halaga na kailangang bayaran sa pag-papauwi ng mga labi ng namatay na OFW? Sino ang dapat magbayad?

Oo. Humigit kumulang sa US$2,500.00 ang halagang dapat bayaran sa pagpauwi sa mga labi ng namatay na OFW. Ito ay dapat sagutin ng employer o sponsor ng OFW.

TANONG: Anu-ano ang mga kadalasang dahilan ng pagkabalam ng pag-papauwi sa labi ng mga namatay na OFW’s?

Narito ang mga kadalasang dahilan sa pagkabalam sa pag-papauwi ng mga labi ng mga namatay na OFW’s.


1)Ang kawalan ng kooperasyon ng employer o sponsor ng OFW.

Resulta: Walang maglalakad ng mga kailangang papeles para sa pag-papauwi ng namatay na OFW.

2)Ang hindi agad pagbabayad ng employer o sponsor ng kaukulang halaga sa benepisyo ng OFW sa Saudi Labor Office.

Resulta: Ang hindi pagbabayad ay nangangahulugan ng hindi pagbibigay ng Saudi Labor Office Clearance.

3)Ang mabagal na pagbibigay ng pamilya ng OFW ng sulat (Acceptance Letter) na nagsasaad kung sino ang tatanggap ng labi ng OFW sa pagdating sa Pilipinas.

Resulta: Hindi alam ng Cargo Office kung kanino ipapadala ang mga labi ng namatay na OFW.

4)Ang hindi pagbabayad ng Employer o sponsor sa hospital bills ng nasawing OFW.

Resulta: Hindi makakuha ng medical report na kailangan din sa pagkuha ng Exit Visa.

5)Ang matagal na paghihintay mula sa pulis na masiguro kung sino ang magbabayad ng blood money kung ang OFW ay biktima nang isang aksidente o krimen.

Resulta: Hindi nagbibigay ang pulis ng blood money clearance, isa sa mga kailangang papeles sa pagkuha ng exit visa kung ang nasawi ay biktima ng aksidente o krimen.

6)Ang hindi agad paglilipat sa iba ng rehistro ng sasakyan na namatay na OFW.

Resulta: Hindi magbibigay ang Immigration Office ng Exit Visa hanggat hindi naililipat sa iba ang rehistro ng sasakyan ng namatay na OFW.


Ang Saudi Arabia ay kabilang sa iilang mga bansa na nangangailangan ng exit visa ang lahat ng manlalakbay palabas sa bansa. Kumpara sa karamihang mga bansa na passport at plane ticket lamang ang kailangan, ang sinumang mangingibang bansa mula sa Saudi Arabia ay kinakailangang kumuha ng exit visa. Buong higpit na ipinatutupad ng kaharian ng Saudi ang patakarang ito kaya’t ang sinuman ay hindi makalabas ng bansa kapag walang tatak na exit visa ang passport.

Marami pa rin sa ating mga kababayang manggagawa ang hanggang ngayon ay hindi alam ang mahigpit na regulasyong ito ng Saudi Arabia. Gayundin, bihira sa atin ang nakakaalam na ang kawalan ng Exit Visa ang pangunahing dahilan ng pagkabalam ng repatriation ng mga stranded OFW’s.

Para sa dagdag na kaalaman ng ating mga kababayang manggagawa na nagnanais umalis ng Saudi Arabia, tunghayan ang mga sumusunod na katanungan at sagot upang lubos na matutunan ang regulasyon dito sa Kaharian.

TANONG: Saan magpatatak ng Exit Visa?

Ang Saudi Immigration Office ang ahensya ng gobyerno na nagta-tatak ng exit visa sa passport. Ang exit visa ay libre at may ibat-ibang validity periods: tatlong araw, isang lingo, dalawang lingo o dalawang buwan. Samantala kung ang validity ng exit visa ay lumipas na, kinakailangang magbayad ng multa na nagkahalaga ng SR 500.00 ($US135.00) para mairenew ang visa.

TANONG: Anu-ano ang mga requirements at kondisyon sa pagkuha ng Exit visa?

Ang mga sumusunod ang mga pangunahing requirements at kondisyon sa pagpapatatak ng exit visa:

1)Sulat ng employer/sponsor sa Immigration Office na pumapayag sa pagpapatatak ng exit visa ang passport ng worker para sa kanyang paguwi.

2)Valid Iqama. Ang manggagawang walang iqama o expired na ang iqama ay kailangang magbayad multa bago makakuha ng exit visa. Ang mga sumusunod na halaga ang dapat bayaan kung wala o expired na ang iqama.

a)1 taon – SR750 + SR500
b)2 taon – SR 1,500 + SR 500

Note: Ang halaga ng bayad ay nadadagdagan ng SR 750.00 sa bawat taon na walang Iqama.

3)Dapat bayaran ang multa sa traffic violations ganoon din ang mga unpaid telephone bills kung meron.

4)Dapat walang blotter sa pulis na siya ay runaway. Ang runaway na naka blotter sa pulis ay dapat munang magmulta na nagkakahalaga ng SR 1,000. Ito ay binabayaran sa bangko.

5)Dapat walang record sa pulis kagaya ng pag-inom o pagbebenta ng alak, immorality, pagwaldas ng pera sa kompanya, pagnanakaw at paggamit ng fake marriage contract at iba pa.

6)Dapat walang sasakyan na nakarehistro sa pangalan ng uuwing worker. Kung meron, dapat munang maibenta at mailipat sa iba ang rehistro ng sasakyan.

TANONG: Mayroon bang ibang paraan na makakuha ako ng Exit Visa mula sa Immigration Office kahit walang pahintulot ng amo o sponsor ko na ako’y uuwi?

Maari lamang makakuha ng exit visa kahit walang pahintulot ang employer kung ang Saudi Court (Labor, Primary and Higher Court) ay may kautusan sa Immigration Office na bigyan ng Exit Visa ang manggagawa. Subali’t ang korte ay makapagbibigay lamang ng kautusan kung may isinampang kaso ang manggagawa laban sa amo at napatunayan na ang amo mo ay lumabag sa batas at sa kontrata.

Samantala, ang mga babaeng domestic helpers ay dinadala sa Saudi Social Welfare Administration (SSWA), ang ahensya ng Saudi Arabia na namamagitan sa pagpapatatak ng kanilang exit visa. Dapat tandaan na ang kaso ng mga domestic helpers ay hindi sakop ng Saudi Labor Law.

TANONG: Bakit ang ibang mga employers ay ayaw tumulong sa pagkuha ng Exit Visa?

May pagkakataon na ang mga employers/sponsors ay ayaw tulungang makakuha ng exit visa ang kanilang mga workers dahilan sa mga sumusunod:

1)Kung ang worker ay hindi pa tapos ang kontrata (unfinished contract). Kalimitan, kung ang worker ay hindi nakatapos ng kontrata, ang employer ay naghihintay ng kabayaran sa visa, ticket at processing fees na ginastos niya sa pagkuha sa worker na karaniwang nagkakahalaga ng humigit-kumulang sa SR 5,000.00 (US$1,350.00).

2)Kung ang worker ay nakapaglustay ng pera ng kompanya o kung mayroon siyang utang sa kanyang mga kasamahan o employer.

3)Kung hinihintay pa ang pagdating ng kanyang kapalit.

TANONG: Wala akong sapat na pera para mabayaran ang aking mga obligasyon sa aking amo o gobyerno, makakauwi paba ako?

Ang kawalan ng pambayad sa amo at sa multa sa gobyerno ang kadalasang dahilan kung bakit nagtatagal ang solusyon ng kaso ng mga workers, lalo na yung mga runaways. Ang Philippine Embassy/POLO ay walang pondo upang bayaran ang mga obligasyon sa amo o sa gobyerno ng Saudi. Sa mga ganitong pagkakataon, ang POLO ay nakikipagnegosasyon sa mga employers na huwag nang singilin ang worker o mapababa ang halaga ng sinisingil sa kanila. Hinihiling din ng POLO na payagan nang umuwi ang worker. Subali’t ang negosasyon ay tumatagal dahil gusto ng employer na maibalik sa kanila ang halaga ng perang ginastos nila sa pagkuha sa worker. Samantala, kung makatuwiran ang reklamo ng runaway worker, dinadala ng POLO ang usapin sa Saudi Labor Court laban sa kanyang employer para ang korte ang mag-utos sa amo na pauwiin na ang worker.

Ang multa sa traffic violations at unpaid telephone bills ay hindi maaring ipabale-wala o mapababa sapagkat ang mga ito ay government fees na dapat bayaran. Bibihirang mangyari na ang pamahalaan ng Saudi Arabia ay nagbibigay ng amnesty para sa ganitong bayarin.

TANONG: Wala akong passport, saan itatatak ang aking Exit Visa?

Ang Consular Section ng Embassy nagkakaloob ng Travel Documents (TD) kapalit ng passport. Dito itinatatak ang exit visa. Ito ay ipinagkaloob sa OFW na may kativakan mula sa pulis na siya ay walang kaso at pinayagan ng kanyang employer/sponsor na makaalis ng Saudi Arabia.

Ang TD ay may saysay hanggang 90 araw at minsan lamang magagamit pauwi sa Pilipinas. Sinumang nangangailangan ng travel document ay kinakailangang maghanda ng photo copy ng passport o identification cards (ID’s) na makakapagpakilala ng kanyang tunay na identity.


Katanungan tungkol sa Iqama o Residence Permit:

TANONG: Is Iqama or residence permit a necessary requirement for foreign worker?

Yes. Iqama or residence permit is required to prove the worker’s identity and the purpose of his stay in the Kingdom. The worker should request his employer to apply for his Iqama to avoid inconvenience caused by police authorities and to avoid detention or possibly deportation.

TANONG: Who shall bear the cost for Iqama?

The employer shall bear the cost for Iqama. Pursuant to the Council of Ministers Decision No. 90 dated 14/5/1418H (September 15, 1997) or Royal Decree M51 dated 1415H, IQAMA or residence permit shall be borne by the employer.

TANONG: Kung ang worker ay nagbabayad ng Iqama Fees, puwede bang ma reimburse ito sa kanyang employer?

Yes. The above resolution states that the workers have the right to demand back their money if the employer had charged the fee to the workers.

TANONG: Paano?

Reimbursement Procedure:

Summarized the lists of the names of the workers corresponding the given date when they start paying the fees and the total amount. Secure a letter from our Philippine Embassy/Consulate particularly from the office of the Ambassador/Consul General or from the office of Charge de Affaires. This letter will be addressed to the Manager/Director of the Saudi Labor Office and copy furnished to Prince Salman (IMARA) asking the employer to reimburse IQAMA payment.

Sample Letter below:

The Hon. Amb. Bahnarim Guinomla
Philippine Embassy
Diplomatic Quarter
Riyadh, KSA

c.c. The Hon. Minister M. Dumia

Dear Mr. Ambassador,

We the undersigned Overseas Filipino Workers presently employed with _______ with company address at _______________________________KSA, Tel. Nos. _________.

We write this letter to seek assistance from your good office regarding the above mentioned company that has been deducting IQAMA Fees from the undersigned since __________________.

As far as we know the IQAMA Fees should be shouldered by our employer in accordance with the Council of Ministers Decision No. 90 dated 14/5/1418H or Royal Decree M51 dated 1415H and as per addendum of our contract of employment that IQAMA or residence permit shall be borne by the employer.

In view of the above, we hereby request our Philippine Embassy to intercede in our behalf or whatever legal assistance your office can provide in reference to reimbursement of the amount that we have been paying for the Iqama.

Please find our respective names with the corresponding details such as dates and amount that we paid for our IQAMA or Residence Permit.

Thank you so much.


Names of Workers Date of Payment Amount

TANONG: Magkano ba ang binabayaran ng Employer sa Iqama ng worker?

The Iqama cost SR 750.00 and to be renewed every year paying the same amount.

TANONG: Can the employer withhold possession of the worker’s Iqama?

The employer has no right to keep the worker’s Iqama. Per existing regulation, the employer is required to give the original copy of Iqama to the worker. Any violation of this regulation should be reported to the appropriate Saudi Labor Office or Ministry of Interior.


Sa Saudi Labor Law nakasaad ang mga benepisyo na dapat matanggap ng isang manggagawa sa kanyang pinaglingkurang kompanya o sponsor. Ang lahat ng benepisyo na ito ay dapat ibigay magmula sa kayo ay nanungkulan basi sa nakasaad ng inyong kontrata.

Ang mga sumusunod ay dapat malaman ng mga manggagawa.


TANONG: Are the workers entitled to overtime pay?

Overtime pay refers to compensation paid for services rendered in excess of the regular working hours.

Under the law, workers are entitled to overtime pay or additional wage for additional work hours rendered which shall be equivalent to the workman’s normal wage plus fifty percent (50%).

Moreover where work is performed on the weekly day or rest or on feast days or official holidays, the employer shall pay the workman additional wages for the regular or additional work hours. (Art. 151, Saudi Labor Law).

TANONG: How is overtime pay computed during Ramadan?

Should the workers be made to render additional work hours during the month of Ramadan, the basic salary should be divided by six hours a day, such being the regular number of working hours in the month of Ramadan.

Important Notes:

As a general rule, the Saudi Labor Law mandates that “a worker shall not be made to work for more than eight (8) actual working hours in any one day, or forty eight hours a week, in all months of the year, with the exception of the month of Ramadan when actual working hours shall not exceed six hours a day or thirty six hours a week, exclusive of intervals reserved for prayer, rest and meals”. (Art. 147, Saudi Labor Law).

While the law provides for 8 regular and actual working hours per day exclusive of the intervals for prayer, rest and meals, it is also authorizes the employer to require the workers to work beyond, or in excess of the 8 regular working hours.

The following are the exceptions to the 8 hour rule:

1)Nine (9) hours in certain work categories or in certain industries and operations where the workmen does not work continuously, such as seasonal establishments, hotels, snack bars, restaurants and the like.” (Art. 147, Saudi Labor Law).

2)Ten (10) Hours during Emergency or Extra ordinary days. (Art. 150, Saudi Labor Law).

3)Other cases to be determined by the Ministry of Labor.


TANONG: What is the rule to avail of the Annual Vacation?

Annual vacation is a workers right vested by law. As such, it can not be denied the workers. Article 153 of SLL states that: “the workman who has completed one year in the service of the employer shall be entitled to an annual vacation of fifteen (15) days with full wages payable in advance.”

TANONG: Can the worker ask for a vacation leave for more than 15 days?

The worker may take an annual vacation leave for more than fifteen days subject to the consent or approval of the employer. (In some cases, the contract of employment allows for a longer period of vacation). The law provides only for the minimum number of days the worker can claim as a matter of right for a given year of service. In excess thereof, the same is left as a matter of discretion or generosity on the part of the employer.

Article 153 of the Saudi Labor Law, however, states, “the vacation shall be increased to 21 days when the workman completes ten continuous years in the service of the employer.

TANONG: Is the employer duty bound to provide for air ticket to worker availing of his annual vacation leave?

The law is silent with respect to the provision of air ticket to workers going on annual vacation. What the law requires is that the employer should bear the cost of air ticket on final leave at the end of contract.


1)Annual Leave
No. of Years in Service = 10 yrs
No. of Leave Credits = 15 days every year
Rate: Full Pay

No. of Years in Service = Above 10 years
No. of Leave Credits = 21 days every year
Rate: Full Pay

2)Sick Leave
No. of Leave Credits = 1 st 30 days
Rate: Full Pay
No. of Leave Credits = Next 60 days
Rate: 3 / 4 of monthly pay

3)Maternity Leave
No. of Years in Service = 3 years below
No. of Leave Credits = 4 weeks before delivery and 6 weeks after
Rate: 1 / 2 month pay

No. of Years in Service = above 3 years
No. of Leave Credits = 4 weeks before delivery and 6 weeks after
Rate: Full Pay

4)Marriage Leave
No. of Leave Credits = 3 days
Rate: Full Pay

5)Death of Spouse
No. of Leave Credits = 1 day
Rate: Full Pay

6)Death of Ascendant and Descendant
No. of Leave Credits = 1 day
Rate: Full Pay

7)Child Born to Him
No. of Leave Credits = 1 day
Rate: Full Pay


1)From Accommodation to job site & vice versa – Free Transportation
2)Termination of Contract by Employer – Free Transportation to point of origin
3)Vacation after Completion of Contract – Free round trip ticket
4)Final Exit after completion of contract – Free Transportation to point of origin
5)Termination of Contract by worker under Article 84 of Saudi Labor Law – Free transportation to point of origin

Article 84, Saudi Labor Law

Without prejudice to his right to an award for his period of service and indemnity for any prejudice that he may have sustained, as if the cancellation has been initiated by the employer, the workman may, without advance notice, leave the work before expiration of the contract in the following cases:

a)If the employer has not fulfilled his obligations towards the workman.

b)If the employer calls upon the workman to perform a work which is essentially different from the nature of the work for which he has committed himself under the contract or if the employer transfers the workman from his original place of work to another place, necessitating a change in his place of residence, which is apt to cause serious prejudice to the workman and has no valid reason dictated by the nature of the work.

c)If the employer or whoever is acting on his behalf has committed an assault or an immoral act against a member of the family.

d)If there is a serious hazard which threatens the safety or health of the workmen, provided that the employer has been aware of the existence of such hazard and has taken no steps to remove it.

e)If at the time of concluding the contract, the employer or his representative has misled the workman with respect or the terms of employment.

f)If the employer through his actions and particularly by his unfair treatment or by his breach of the terms of the contract, has caused the workman to appear as the party terminating the contract.


1)Less than 50 workers – Free Medical Treatment and Medicine

2)More than 50 workers – Employer has to hire Nurse for his worker for first aid and Medical treatment purposes with free medicine

3)More than 100 workers – Employer has to hire physician for his workers for medical purposes with medicine.


Workman is entitled for free sufficient accommodation of housing allowance with the following facilities:

1)Common comfort room for every 15 workmen or less
2)Sufficient drinking water
3)Sufficient cleaning and bathing water
4)Air condition for every room
5)Sufficient lights for every room.


A service award or end of service benefit refers to the incentive pay or grant given by employer in recognition of the number of years of service rendered by worker. Generally, the award or benefit is given by employer at the end of, upon the termination of the contract.

The grant of service award under Saudi Labor Law depends on the nature of the contract of employment agreed upon by the worker and employer, i.e., whether it is for a specified period or not.

1) 5 Years and below
a) Wages: Basic + Allowances
b) Specified Contract: 1 / 2 month pay
c) Unspecified Contract: 1/6 of months pay

2) Above 5 years but below 10 years
a) Wages: Basic + Allowances
b) Specified Contract: 1 month pay
c) Unspecified Contract: 2 / 3 of months pay

3) Above 10 Years
a) Wages: Basic + Allowances
b) Specified Contract: 1 month pay
c) Unspecified Contract: 1 month pay

I: Specified Contract

For contract with specified period, and the contract comes to an end, the worker is entitled to an award for the period of his service to be computed on the basis of half (1/2) months pay for each of the first five years and one (1) month’s pay for each of the subsequent years.

Example: 5 years & below
Computation: Basic + Allowance / 2 x 5 years = ESB
Basic pay : 1,200.00
Food Allowance : 200.00
Transpo Allowance : 200.00
Housing Allowance : 300.00
Total : 1,900.00
Divide 2
x 5
========== = Total ESB : 4,750.00

II: Unspecified Contract

For contract with unspecified term, the worker who resigns or cancels the same shall be entitled to one third of the award given in the case of specified period (1/6 of the award), if his service period is less than two consecutive years and not more than five years. If the service period is more than five years but less than ten years, he shall be entitled to 2 / 3 of the award. The worker shall be entitled to the full award if he has served for more than ten years. (Art. 88, Saudi Labor Law).

Example: 5 years & below
Computation: Basic + Allowance / 6 x 5 years = ESB
Basic pay : 1,200.00
Food Allowance : 200.00
Transpo Allowance : 200.00
Housing Allowance : 300.00
Total : 1,900.00
Divide 6
x 5
Total ESB : 1,583.30

Note: Computation of ESB upon final termination of contract will be based on your current monthly basic pay and present allowances.


Kadalasan ang ating mga OFW’s ay hindi alam kung paano ang isang kontrata mag tatapos dahil sa tinatawag na Specified Contract and Unspecified Contract. Para malinaw ang mga ito sa lahat basahin ang mga sumusunod.

TANONG: When is a contract of employment deemed terminated?

There are several instances when an employment contract is effectively deemed terminated. These include, among others the following:

a) Expiration of the term or period of contract
b) Death of the worker
c) Death of employer in certain cases
d) Resignation of worker
e) Termination by employer or worker for authorized causes
f) Total disability of worker to perform work
g) Serious illness of worker resulting in long absence from work
h) Bankruptcy, dissolution and authorized shutdown of employer’s business, and

other cases ( Articles 72,73,74,82,83,84,89; SLL).

TANONG: When does the employment contract terminate in both specified and unspecified period?

A labor contract concluded for a specified period shall terminate upon the expiry of its term. If both parties continue to enforce the contract thereafter, it shall be considered renewed for an unspecified period. (Art. 72, SLL).

If the contract is for an unspecified period, either party may cancel it for a valid reason, subject to giving the other party a thirty day prior notice in respect of workman employed at a monthly rate, and a fifteen-day prior notice in respect of other workmen.(Art. 73, SLL).

TANONG: Is the requirement of advance or prior notice by either party mandatory in all cases of termination or resignation?

As a general rule, an employer or worker is required to give prior notice to either party in cases of cancellation of contract before its expiry period, or in case of resignation by worker.

Failure to observe the prescribed notice period shall make the party liable for indemnity equivalent to the worker’s pay for the notice period or the remainder thereof. (Art. 73 (b).

However, the requirement of advance notice does not apply to authorized or valid grounds for termination as provided for in Articles 83 and 84, respectively. Either party can terminate the contract without serving advance notice. Notice of termination may however be served as a matter of courtesy or practice.


TANONG: When can an employer validly and legally terminate the services of the worker?

Article 83 of SLL enumerates the valid grounds or just causes for termination of worker’s service, namely:

a)Assault by worker against the employer or against any of his supervisor
b)Failure to fulfill the essential obligations of the contract, or obey legitimate orders, or deliberately fails to observe employers instruction despite written warning
c)When the worker is proved to have committed an act affecting honesty or honor
d)Deliberate commission of any act or negligence with intent to cause material loss to employer
e)If the worker is hired on probation
f)Absence by worker without valid reason for more than 20 days subject to written warning by employer after 10 days of absence.
g)If the worker is proved to have left the hospital or place for treatment without permission
h)If the worker is proved to have divulged commercial and industrial secrets of the work in which he is engaged.

TANONG: What is the effect of termination of worker’s service under the abovementioned grounds?

Under the aforementioned provision of the Saudi Labor Law, the employer may effect the forfeiture of the worker’s termination award provided that he gives the worker a chance to explain his reasons or defense.


TANONG: What are the instances or grounds whereby the worker can validly terminate his services from the employer?

The worker may terminate his service in the following cases allowed by law:

a)Non fulfillment of employers obligations

b)If the employer requires him to perform work essentially different from the nature of work agreed upon under the contract, or transfers residence which would cause serious prejudice to him and has no valid reason dictated by the nature of work

c)Assault or immoral act committed by employer or representative against worker or member of the family

d)If there is a serious hazard known to employer which threatens the safety or health of worker

e)If the employer or his representative has misled worker with respect to terms of employment

f)If the employer through his actions and unfair treatment, or breach of the terms of contract, has caused worker to appear as the party terminating the contract. (Art. 84, SLL).

TANONG: By terminating the contract for any of the aforementioned valid grounds, will the worker forfeit his service award or indemnity entitled him?

No. Article 84, SLL states that the worker may terminate his service before the expiration of the contract without prejudice to his right to service award and indemnity for any damage sustained by him.

To avail of this right under Art. 84, it is advised however that the worker should present his claims or actions to the competent labor office or local authorities for appropriate determination.

TANONG: Is it advisable for the worker to stop work immediately upon the occurrence of any of the grounds constituting valid termination by the worker?

The determination of the factual basis of the grounds invoked by worker for valid termination is left with the competent labor office or police authorities, where the same is disputed or denied by the employer. Such being the case, and to avoid technicalities resorted to by the employer, it is advised that the worker should avail of the assistance of the Saudi Labor Office or competent local authorities.


TANONG: Can either party (worker or employer) terminate the contract of service for no valid reason?

Yes either party may cancel or terminate the contract for no valid reason but “the party who is prejudices by such cancellation shall be entitled to an indemnity to be assessed by competent Commission provided that such assessment shall take into account actual and contingent material and moral prejudice suffered by such party.” (Art. 74, SLL).

Termination of contract by worker for any of the authorized reasons or causes (i.e., for personal and other reasons) is considered as resignation. Hence, payment of indemnity herein for failure to comply with the contract, may include actual expenses needed to get for his replacement, and such other fees as may reasonably be charged by the employer. The worker shall also bear the cost of his return ticket.

TANONG: Is acceptance by employer needed in case of resignation?

Legally, there is no need to get acceptance by employer provided that the 30 day advance notice has been complied with. However, to preserve harmonious relation with employer, it is advised that the worker should talk things out with the employer.

The employer cannot force the worker to continue with his work or duties against his consent or will, but the latter may however be made to indemnify the employer for the consequence of his act or no-compliance of contract. The employer may also request the worker, in order not to prejudice the service or disrupt the operations of his business, or for medical or humanitarian reasons as in case of medical workers, to continue with his service within reasonable period to allow time to secure for a replacement. This also holds true in case of completion of contract in the medical sector especially where the worker is supplied or hired indirectly through a local manpower contractor.


132 thoughts on “PATNUBAY

  1. Sir,

    Magandang araw ulit. Hopefully naalala nyo pa ako 3 months ago na po since huli akong humingi ng payo sayo.Kung naalala nyo po yung concern ko regarding sa delay na sahod namin. Last September kumilos po ang walo sa aing mga kasama at nagreklamo po sila sa POLO tungkol doon. Sa tingin ko po may epekto naman iyun kasi dalawang beses nagbigay ng sahod ang comppanya binigay ang JUNE at JULY. pero Kung tutuusin delayed pa rin kasi October na ngayun pero ang sahud na August at september ay wala pa ring balita.

    Nakapag isip po ako na umuwi na lang sa atin kesa ganitong situasyun na di namin alam kailan bibigyan ng sahod.

    Pwede po ba akong makauwi na sasagutin lahat ng Companya kung ilalaban ko sa Labour kasi di nila tinupad ang item number 1 sa contrata namin na kada end of the Greg month magsasahod.?

    Gaano po kaya ka haba ang proceso kung irereklao ko ito para mapauwi na ako?

    Kung magrereklamo po ako makukuha ko pa kaya ang kulag kulang tatlong buwan na sahod. (AUGUST to October)?

    Nawawalan na po kasi ako ng pag asa sa companya nami lalo nat Egytian ang ang Big Boss namin.

    Maraming salamat po.

    • Hi Erwin,

      Sorry at medyo nakaligtaan ko ito.

      Ang ginagawa ng POLO/OWWA ay tinatawag na Conciliation o Mediation kaya nanbanggit mo na may epekto.

      Win, 2 buwan lang ang palta ngayon diba? so ibig sabihin non nakolekta na nila ang mga receivables o collection, pero dapat ang kompanya may ibang solusyon at hindi lamang umaasa sa koleksyon.

      Sa totoo lang Win, ako dumaan sa ganitong pasahod, umabot pa nga ng 6 months, he he. Pero nalagpasan ko pa rin. Kaya nga lang aside from empty stomach (your family in Pinas), asahan mo ang ibat ibang speculation o duda ng mga mahal natin sa buhay sa pinas, kung hindi naniniwala na delayed ang sahod ninyo. Sigurado ako, isipin non may tinatagong “Darna” ka na dito, he he.

      Sa iyong katanungan – karapatan natin ang mag reklamo, kaya nga lang before ka mag desisyon, isipin mong mabuti at kailangan walang atrasan at tanggapin ang mga consequences or i mean ang maaaring mangyari gaya ng mahabang paghihintay na ayon sa proseso (check above “case flow chart”).

      Isangguni ninyo uli ang POLO/OWWA sa inyong problema.


  2. Good morning po!sir runaway po ako since 3months and nakitira lang ako ngayon sa kaibigan ko gusto ko na pong umuwi pero hindi hindi ko po alam kong saan ako magsisimula at kung sino kokontakin ko,anyway po nag runaway ako dahil sa pagmamaltrato ng nagiging amo ko at binibinta ako sa kahit kanikanino para mag trabaho ,please help!thanks…

    • Hi Rose,

      Rose, una sa lahat, nagpasalamat ako na may pc internet connection ang kaibigan mo at nakapag bisita ka sa blog natin. Hindi ka ma homesick diyan, sigurado ako.

      Bilang runaway OFW sa bansang Saudi Arabia ay mahirap lalo na sa isang babae. At hindi mo ba alam na ang kaibigan mo ay maaring kasohan sa pagbibigay shelter sa iyo. Balak mo man umuwi ay hindi mo magagawa dahil ang passport mo ay nasa iyong amo. At darating ang araw na ma expire ang iyong iqama at hindi na ito ma re-renew, ikaw ngayon ay illegal alien na sa bansang ito. Sana naman walang binentang na kaso sayo ang iyong amo, ito ay iyong/ating ipagdarasal na wala naman sana.

      Sa ating mga kahanay na balak mag runaway, kung kayo ay may balak, huwag nyo ng patagalin ang mga araw, mag report agad kayo sa emabahada o sa phil. labor office. marami naman diyan ang makapaghatid sa inyo doon, at maka alis naman kayo sa inyong tinutoloyan kung may iqama kayo. pag pinapatagal ninyo ang mga araw, baka mamaya ang inyong amo ay makagawa ng hindi ka nais nais na hakbang laban sa inyo. At kung maaga kayo mag report sa ating embahada o polo/owwa makapaghanap ng diplomasyang pamamaraan ang ating enbahada o assistance to national section (ans) upang makausap an inyong amo tungkol sa inyong problema. ang pag runaway at hindi pag report sa ating embahada ay hindi solusyon sa inyong problema. Ilagay ninyo sa isip na hindi rin kayo makakauwi kaagad kung walang ring pahintulot ng inyong employer.

      masakit man na malaman na ikaw ay minaltrato at pina pa trabaho ng kahit kanino ang pag runaway at hindi pag report agad sa ating embahada ay nakadagdag ng problema.

      saan kaba ngayon? kung sa riaydh, tawagan mo ang mga numerong ito, Assistance to Nationals: 482-4354 / 480-1918 / 480-3662.

      trunk lines: Trunk : 488-0835 / 482-0507 / 482-3615 / 482-1577 / 482-1802

      sigurado ako makapag email ka dahil may internet connection ka, ito ang email ng embahad isulat mo lahat ang tungkol sa ginawang pag maltrato sa iyo, ilakip mo ang contact numbers mo, contact number ng iyong kaibigan at kung saan kayo nakatira. kung matawagan mo ang ating embahada, hanapin mo ang ating kagalang galang na ambassador tony villamor at bangitin mo ang aking pangalan.

      huwag mo ng patagalin rose, bago lumala ang lahat. kung sa bahay kalinga ka mag stay o sa Saudi Welfare Assistance o SWA, mag tiis ka sa mga araw ng iyong pag stay doon dahil ang lahat ay kailanganng dumaan sa proseso.

      salamat at sana maayos rin lahat ang iyong problema.

      bong amora

  3. ako po si carlito lasala..finished contract na po ako.6 years po ako nagtrabaho sa Jurong Por tPrivate Limited,Singapore..meron pa po ba akong ibang benipisyo makukuha sa aking pinasukan kompanya maliban sa nakuha kong security deposit ko at prorated na 13th month pay ?…w9 ko po reply nio..wala po ba akong karapatan na makakuha ng length of service at iba pang benepisyo…

    • Hi Carlito. Good morning! Im so sorry po, andito po ako sa Saudi Arabia nag work. Wishful thinking, sana makapunta at makapag work ako diyan sa Singapore. Try to click this link: it might give you answer to your questions. Salamat sa pagbisita. Ikumusta mo ako sa lahat ng ating mga kahanay diyan. Best regards and God BLess!

  4. Danny,

    Ang mga official documents na galing sa lahat ng sangay ng saudi government ay kailangan ng tatak ng Chamber of Commerce, maging ang dokumento na galing sa iyong previous employer. Ito ay isang opisyal na dokumento at ito ay kailangan ng tatak ng Saudi Chamber of Commerce. Isang pagpapatunay na tunay ito at isang lehitimo at hindi peke na dokumento. Dapat ni-request mo sa inyong personnel department bago ka umuwi ang pag papatatak nito. Minsan kasi pag walang request ang employee hindi rin nila ito dinadala sa Chamber of Commerce. Pero karamihan sa mga agency, sapat na ang letter head, stamp ng kompanya at pirma ng manager ng iyong personnel dept. or manager ng kompanya ang NOC mo. Ngunit kung hinahanap ng Saudi Embassy na nakatalaga sa Pilipinas ang stamp ng Chamber of Commerce dapat lamang na ang NOC na dala mo ay may opisyal na tatak ng Saudi Chamber of Commerce.

    Salamat sa iyong pagbisita.

  5. sir tanong ko lang po. May binigay pong NOC sa akin ang company a letter stating na pwede ako bumalik sa saudi anytime i want. Yung letter I may pirma at stamp ng aming HR Manager. Pwede na po ba ang NOC na to kasi sabi nung agency bakit daw walang stamp ng chamber of commerce? Sir sagot naman po kasi may employer na ako pabalik ng saudi. May final exit ako.
    salamat po

  6. Pingback: No Objection Certificate « Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) Empowerment

  7. Sir maraming salamat po sa inyong mga sagot..Naliliwanagan po talaga ako ng husto… Gustong gusto ko po talagang magreklamo specially dun sa systema ng pagpapasahod nila sa mga employees pero iniisip ko din po kasi na under probation po ako ngayun since 3 months probabtionary ang pagka hire sa amin nasa two weeks pa lang ako…Baka po kasi pag nalaman nila na ako ang nagreklamo pwede nila akong mapauwi anytime kasi nga probi pa ako…actually po buwan buwan naman po sila nagpasahod, yun nga lang po may delay na two months, example kapahapon sumahod na po yung mga kasama namin pero para yun sa work nila noong Mayo pa…Iniisip ko din po na sana may maglakas loob sa mga kasama ko na tapos na sa probationary na magsumbong kasi po ang kawawa talaga nito ay yung mga bagong dating o mga parating pa… pinas pa nga po eh lahat kami dumaan sa Agency na sobra kung maningil ng document processing fee..(imagine 15tausan bawat isa) ang singil nila…..maraming salamat po ngayun po iniisip ko pong magreklamo sa panahon na matapos na po ang probationary ko..salamat po talaga…

    • Erwin,

      Lahat ng gagawin tungkol sa inyong mga rekalamo ay pag isipan mabuti. Isangguni muna ang problema sa ating Philippine Labor Office para sa mahinahong solusyon na naaayon sa tamang proseso at kaparaanan. Hindi lingid sa atin lahat na tayo ay bisita lamang sa bansang ito at sila ay may batas rin na sinusunod salungat sa ating batas na kinagisnan. Huwag kayong mag alsa o mag pikit o mag welga, o huminto lahat sa pagapsok sa trabaho dahil ang mga ito ay BAWAL sa bansang Saudi Arabia. Ang ating POLO/OWWA ay gagawa muna ng mga unang hakbangin para sa isang mapayapa at agarang solusyon. Pag walang mangyari, alam na nila ang susunod na gagawin. Kaya nga nandito sila upang mapangalagaan ang ating mga karapatan.

  8. Dear Erwin,

    Dito sa KSA there are 2 official payday. One is in the English calendar which is every end of the month and the other falls every 25th of their monthly arabic calendar.

    Question # 1: In your case, i am sure that computation of your wages is in and paid in English calendar. Not unless you sign a contract specifying other terms of your monthly wages. I hope not. Ok, in NSLL, PART VI “WORK CONDITIONS AND CIRCUMSTANCES”, Chapter 1-Wages, Article (90) says:

    (1) The worker’s wages and all other entitlements shall be paid in the Country’s official currency. Wages shall be paid during working hours and at the workplace in accordance with the following provisions:

    (1.1) Workers paid on a daily basis shall be paid at least once a week.
    (1.2) Workers paid on a monthly basis shall be paid once a month.

    Therefore, it is very clear that the services you rendered in the company for the past month shall be paid once a month. So, if you work from July 1 to 30, you must be paid end of the month (July) or on 1 August.

    Question #2: In NSLL, Chapter 4 -Leaves, Article (109) says:

    (1) A worker shall be entitled to a prepaid annual leave of not less than twenty one days, to be increased to a period of not less than thirty days if the worker spends five consecutive years in the service of the employer.

    It means you are entitled to a prepaid annual leave of 21 days.

    However, if you decide not go on leave after 1 year and continue to work, then you are not entitled to a prepaid annual leave. Hindi ka nagbakasyon di ba? So, kung ako ikaw, uuwi na ako, may bakasyon ka na, may bayad pa. So, kung uuwi ka after two years, you are not entitled for a 42 days vacation. You are only entitled 21 days paid vacation.

    Question # 3: November and end of contract niya, it means 5 months notice. Mahaba na nga yan, 3 months ok na. Not unless in your employment contract nakasaad ang specified number of months na notisya not to renew your contract.

    In NSLL, Chapter Three Termination of Work Contract: Article (80) says:

    An employer may not terminate the contract without an award, advance notice or indemnity except in the following cases, and provided that he gives the worker a chance to state his reasons for objecting to the termination:

    (1) If, during or by reason of the work, the worker assaults the employer, the manager in-charge or any of his superiors.

    (2) If the worker fails to perform his essential obligations arising from the work contract, or to obey legitimate orders, or if, in spite of written warnings, he deliberately fails to observe the instructions related to the safety of work and workers as may be posted by the employer in a prominent place.

    (3) If it is established that the worker has committed a misconduct or an act infringing on honesty or integrity.

    (4) If the worker deliberately commits any act or default with the intent to cause material loss to the employer, provided that the latter shall report the incident to the appropriate authorities within twenty-four hours from being aware of such occurrence.

    (5) If the worker resorts to forgery in order to obtain the job.
    (6) If the worker is hired on probation.
    (7) If the worker is absent without valid reason for more than twenty days in one year or for more than ten consecutive days, provided that the dismissal be preceded by a written warning from the employer to the worker if the latter is absent for ten days in the first case and for five days in the second.

    (8) If the worker unlawfully takes advantage of his position for personal gain.
    (9) If the worker discloses work- related industrial or commercial secrets.

    However, NSLL, Chapter 4-Leaves, Article (110) says :

    (2) An employer may postpone, for a period of not more than ninety days, the worker’s leave after the end of the year it is due if required by work conditions. If work conditions require extension of the postponement, the worker’s consent must be obtained in writing. Such postponement shall not, however, exceed the end of the year following the year the leave is due.

    Para sa karagdagang paglilinaw, if you are based in Riyadh or you are located in the Central Region, please send email to Labor Attache Resty Dela Fuente at the given email addresses below stating your complain with all necessary details of your company such as: Name of the company, Contact details (telephone and fax, email addys), Name of the Manager, Location of the company.

    Philippine Overseas Labor Office or POLO Riyadh:
    Tel. #: 4832201 to 03 Fax # 4832204
    Email Addresses: ;

    Maraming salamat Erwin sa inyong pagbisita sa ofwempowerment blog at sa tiwala.

    God BLess OFW’s.


  9. Sir, maraming salamat po…meron po akong iba pang mga tanong salamat po in advance sa magiging sagot ninyo..pasensya na po first time ko lang din po kasin makapag abroad dito sa saudi..

    1.) Sir, illegal po ba ang ginagawa ng company namin sa systema ng pagpapasahod nila, ganito po ang situasyun, dumating ako dito july 15, tapos matataggap k po ang sahod ko for july 15 to 31 sa september pa, tapos ang work sa august ay sa october pa on and so forth..then pag finish contract na ibibigay naman daw lahat..(problema is gutom po pamilya from july to september..)

    2.) Sir sa contrata may 21 days VL po ako per year, tanung ko lang po if di ko ginamit ang lahat nang leave ko for 2 years contract (42 days lahat), i coconvert po ba dapat yun to cash during pag uwi at the end of contract?..

    3.) Sir may isa po ako kasama dito na nag bigay na ng advance notice na hindi na niya i rerenew ang contrata niya which will end this coming november, pero nagalit ang Big Boss namin (egyptian) at on the spot kahapon kinuha ang iqama niya, ipapaexit po siya agad ng ganun lang ang reason…pwede po ba yun, isa pa po is siya na ang pinasasagit ng companya sa ticket niya pauwi at possibleng hindi na niya makukuha ang ESB niya which is 3 years naman siya nagwork sa company..

    Maraming salamat po…

    • Hi Stag! malinaw na nakasaad sa NSLL Article (84): Upon the end of the work relation, the employer shall pay the worker an end-of-service award of a half-month wage for each of the first five years and a one-month wage for each of the following years. The end-of-service award shall be calculated on the basis of the last wage and the worker shall be entitled to an end-of-service award for the portions of the year in proportion to the time spent on the job.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s