The Phil. Overseas Employment Administration introduced new areas of reforms in recruiting and deployment of Filipino Domestic Workers. Be noted that our Filipina Domestic Helpers has its new name – HSW ( Filipino Household Service Workers ).
Areas of Reforms are as follows:
1. Pre-qualification of Foreign Placement Agencies. The POLO shall issue a PQ certificate
2. Verification of additional Job Orders for HSW and low/semiskilled female workers and their individual employment contracts
3. Pre-qualification of the Applicant HSW
4. Minimum age requirement of 25 years old
5. Increase in Salary – Increase to US$400 as the entry level or the minimum monthly salary
6. Exemption from the POEA placement fee policy – No placement fee in any form including salary deduction
7. No License Issuance for Applicants with HSWs as New Market
* moratorium in the issuance of new POEA license for applicants using DH as its new market.
For your background reference, below are Top Ten Destinations of Filipino Household Service Workers for the Year 2005 with corresponding monthly salary.
|1||CYPRUS||982||US $ 325.00|
|2||HONG KONG||17,514||HK $ 3,400.00|
|3||SINGAPORE||2,429||S $ 350.00|
|4||JORDAN||2,748||US $ 150 TO 200|
|5||LEBANON||11,735||US $ 150 TO 200|
|6||KUWAIT||19,707||US $ 150 TO 200|
|7||KSA||9,227||US $ 150 TO 200|
|8||UAE||9,113||US $ 200|
|9||QATAR||4,998||US $ 200|
|10||OMAN||1,419||US $ 200 TO 300|
|11||TAIWAN||No Figures||NT $ 185,840|
Taken from Center for Migrant Advocacy. Here to read more..
Objectives of the Reforms: To ensure that only qualified, adequately protected and properly documented household service workers are deployed to pre-qualified foreign placement agencies and employers.