Good afternoon my dear brothers and sisters in Christ most especially to our beloved Rev. Fr. Jun Nohara for giving me this opportunity to speak in front of you. It’s nice to meet you again for the second time around. By the way, I’d like to call my two friends Ms. Dinah Magat and Ms. Yolanda Hyun my colleagues in UFWCD and also to my new friends Mr. Edralin Rivera and Mr. Isidro “Toto” Ybanez the new joiners of this group.
Friends, I let you know that there is a new worldwide organization that the members are Filipinos living around the world regardless of social status in life, religion and affiliations. The name of this organization is United Filipinos Worldwide for Community Development.
Please allow me to read a brief history and its goals and objectives of UFWCD.
The United Filipinos Worldwide for Community Development was organized on February 10, 2007 with 26 members living in different places around the world. Since then, it is increasing rapidly into 117 members who are willing to help and support us whatever projects we have plan for the organization. This group was officially registered on March 19, 2007 at the Securities and Exchange Commission, Manila, Philippines. The mission and vision of this organization is to help our less fortunate kababayan and for a betterment of our beloved Motherland, the Philippines.
Friends, we have (8) eight goals and objectives for UFWCD.
Goals & Objectives:
1. To promote social, economic, political, and spiritual awareness among its members, irrespective of religion, ethnicity and political preferences;
2. To promote friendship among all Filipinos living around the world and strengthen the unity and camaraderie of its members;
3. To encourage participation in the cooperative efforts among its members, for the development and support of our nation;
4. To support the welfare of the students and youth of enough understanding and initiative for their involvement on national unity and development whether social, political, cultural and spiritual endeavor;
5. To establish COOPERATIVE (S) for the benefit of its members, specially the less fortunate and needy Filipinos in our country of origin, the Philippines;
6. To generate employment opportunities and alleviate the standard of living among its members residing in the Philippines;
7. To welcome and embrace non-Filipino friends, who by heart and compassion, possess interests and sincerity in joining hands with us in the upliftment and extending responsive acts for our needy and underprivileged Kababayan;
8. To respect everyone’s freedom of his/her creed, opinion, tradition, origin of affiliations specifically his/her ways and beliefs in expressing God Almighty.
And now, being OFs’ (Overseas Filipinos) I will invite you join us and you may contact yours truly (Mrs. Fe Kim) or Ms. Dinah Magat and Ms. Yolanda Hyun. My dear friends let us help one another and contribute your knowledge and abilities through sharing and giving for the economic progress of our country.
As the Holy Bible says in Galatians 6: 9 – “And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t get discouraged and give up.”
Speech by: FE KIM (UFWCD President)
Filipino Migrants Community
in Ojeondong Catholic Church
April 29, 2007, 5:00 PM Mass