Philippine Consulate General
447 Sutter St., San Francisco, CA 94108
415-433-6666 ext. 313 (public information section)
July 30, 2009
REGISTER FOR OVERSEAS ABSENTEE VOTING AT THE PISTAHAN!
The Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco is pleased to announce that it will conduct a mobile overseas absentee voting registration at the Pistahan Festival, Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco on August 8-9, 2009.
Requirements for registration for Overseas Absentee Voting:
- Must be a Filipino citizen.
- Must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the elections.
- Personally appear at the registration site for your biometrics to be captured.
- Submit a copy of your valid Philippine passport.
- If you are a dual citizen, present your original or certified true copy of the Order of Approval or the Oath of Allegiance.
Registration forms are available at the registration site.
Among those who may not register are those who have lost their Filipino citizenship; including those who have renounced their Filipino citizenship, except dual citizens; and those convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment of not less than one year or those declared insane or incompetent.
The Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco would like to remind our Kababayans that failure to vote twice in the Philippine national elections is a ground for removal of the name of the absentee voter in the National Registry of Overseas Absentee Voters.
The Overseas Absentee Voter who has failed to vote twice should register again.
Be a part of charting our political future by registering and voting in next year’s Philippine elections! END