Exit & Re-Entry Visa

KSA Exit and Re-entry Visa Online (Internet and  SMS based services)


The WorldWideWeb

The Saudi Passport Department has launched a service to enable exit and re-entry visas to be issued online. This  was one of the new Internet-based services being introduced for both Saudis and expatriates. Although the department’s website (www.gdp.gov.sa) is in Arabic, there is an option to display forms and instructions on how to complete them in English language.

All who wish to benefit from these services can simply fill in forms through registering on the website and the forms could be filled without needing to visit the centers.

An initial one-off registration, however, needs to be completed and delivered to a local passport office.

Apart from the basic information section, the Ishaar services could be used for notifications regarding a passport.

The Muqueem services are for companies and institutions that need to complete paperwork regarding their employees, while there is a separate section for individuals.

There is also an eGate section that offers an electronic card for easy entrance and exit at Saudi airports. The service, open to all, provides a card containing important details including Iris and fingerprint scans. A new card for one year is SR300, with renewals costing SR270. A new card for two years costs SR550 and could be renewed for SR540.

The final section on the website offers the issuance of the exit and re-entry visa for dependents via mobile phone messages. This service, according to the Passport Department, is one of the most important services provided by Ishaar to all segments of society. To enable this users have to register for Ishaar services to obtain the security code and link a mobile phone number to an ID number. Once the code is activated the visa can be obtained after paying SR200 through regular channels.

There is also a short code and a series of instructions if there is a need to cancel the visa.

After ensuring all the conditions for issuance are met, an SMS would be sent to the applicant containing the dependants’ information for verification. Once that has been confirmed the visa would be issued.

The visa can be then printed from the website http://sms.evisa.com.sa by entering the visa number and confirmation number that has been sent to the mobile.


Short Message Service

Expatriates in Saudi Arabia can obtain an exit-reentry visa for a single trip by mobile phone via SMS. This first-of-its-kind e-service for expatriates is being provided by Ishaar and Al-Elm Information Security in cooperation with the General Directorate of Passports.

Al-Elm is the leading company in Saudi Arabia providing e- government services. It is owned by the Public Investment Fund and offers people smart services that help them save money, effort and time.

The service has been developed to enable human resources managers and other HR staff in the private sector to issue exit-reentry visas in just three minutes.

Lengthy transactions in paper format for the issuance of exit-re entry visas can well be on their way out by following convenient and simple steps as listed below:

First, register with Ishaar services to get the security code. To register you have to fill the registration form, attach a copy of your ID and then hand it over to one of the registration centers. The registration process links your mobile phone number to your ID number. After registration you have to send your ID number to 88900 to activate the subscription.

You will receive a welcome message, informing you that you have become a member in Ishaar services. The security code will be sent to you via SMS. It is advised that this code is kept in a safe place outside and away from the mobile phone in order to ensure your protection and privacy. You are also advised not to allow unauthorized people to use your mobile.

The following conditions should be met before using the service:

Payment of government fees Government fees of SR200 should be paid using traditional methods to the residents/Iqama ID number. Payment should be made through bank accounts or ATM machines in order to use the service.

No traffic violations: The resident must pay all traffic violations registered against his ID/Iqama by the traffic department.

Provide fingerprints: The residents fingerprints must be registered with the Passports Department before a visa can be issued.

Valid iqama: The residents iqama should be valid for more than the duration of the exit-reentry visa by at least three months and fourteen days (104 days). For example, if you want a visa for a period of 30 days, then the iqama must be valid for a period of not less than 134 days.

Mobile phone payment: Your mobile phone must be charged with a balance of SR20 to pay for the visa transaction.

Executing the service


To issue an exit-reentry visa, send to short code 88922 an SMS message containing in the following order the letter I, the symbol *, iqama number, the symbol *, period of the visa in days, then the symbol * security code. Example: I*1234567890*150*11223344

After sending the message to the short code:

. Make sure that your mobile number is registered in Ishaar notification services and the interactive services are active.

. Verify that the sent iqama number is registered in the subscribers record as dependent.

. Make sure that the security code is registered and active.

. Verify the possibility of providing service to the resident through the Passports Department.

Confirmation of the request

After investigating all of the conditions for issuance, you will receive a text message containing your information for verification. When the information has been verified, to confirm your request, send: 1 to short code 88922.

There should be a reply within a period not exceeding 24 hours or the request will be canceled automatically. The transaction fees of SR20 will be deducted from your mobile phone balance after confirmation. In case the information is not correct and you wish to cancel the request, send number 2 to short code 88922.

Printing the visa

Print It Out

The exit-reentry visa can be printed at anytime from the website http://sms.evisa.com.sa by entering the visa number and confirmation number sent in a text message at the end of the process of issuance.

In case of the loss of the confirmation number or visa number, you can request that it be resent by sending a free message to short code 88922 containing the letter R followed by *, iqama number, *, and the security code.

The issuance of an exit-reentry visa through this service will take less than five minutes and save you the trouble of waiting in long queues.

Source: A1SaudiArabia.com and Khaleej Times


Exit/re-entry visa now an SMS away


Published: Nov 13, 2010 00:26 Updated: Nov 13, 2010 00:26

JEDDAH: Citizens and residents will now be able to get exit/re-entry visas for their dependents through their mobile phones via SMS. The service, which costs SR20 per visa after initial registration, is aimed at reducing lines at Passport Department offices.

Raid Mohammad Al-Hussain, spokesperson for the Passport Department in Makkah province, confirmed that the new service is already in operation with all three of the country’s mobile phone service providers — STC, Mobily and Zain.

The visa can be downloaded from the site http://sms.evisa.com.sa with the visa number and confirmation number sent via SMS.

The first step is to register with the service, called Ishaar, to obtain an access code. This process requires the registration form to be submitted in person to a nearby registration center with copies of relevant identifications. Saudi citizens with foreign employees, such as maids or drivers, can use the service as well.

Once the registration has been made, the service is activated by sending an SMS and receiving a confirmation number that can be used at the website.

The registration centers can currently be found at Passport Department offices in Riyadh, Makkah, Madinah, Jeddah and Dammam. Sahara Mall and Flamengo Mall in Riyadh and Tahliah Mall in Jeddah also have Passport Department service centers with registration capabilities. The international terminal of Riyadh’s King Khaled International Airport has an eGate Office where such registrations can take place. Samba bank is also acting as an Ishaar intermediary for its account holders seeking to register for the service.

People seeking to utilize this service must pay the SR200 fee and also ensure they have no outstanding traffic fines on their record and provide fingerprints to the Biometrics section of the Passport Department.

Foreign residents seeking to use the service must ensure their iqamas are valid for at least three months and 14 days (104 days) after the period that the exit/re-entry visas is valid. Those whose iqama will expire before that time are not eligible to use the SMS-based service.

Further instructions are available in English or Arabic at the government electronic portal at http://www1.elm.com.sa.



960 thoughts on “Exit & Re-Entry Visa

  1. Sir Bong, good day po. May re-entry visa po ako 2 yrs and 2mos ago, if ever bumalik po ako sa Saudi with new visa and new employer, ano po ba mga problema ang pwede kong harapin? Maho-hold po b ako s immigration? Makukulong? Ipapa-deport? Ano po b maaaring mangyari sakin?

    • Ang sabi po ng Paspsort Department ay ban sa loob ng 3 taon ang mga worker na may exit re-entry and failed to return. Kung ma hold ka man ito ay dahil sa fingerprint na nakikita nila na kapareho sa isang existing exit re-entry visa na naka record sa kanilang sistema.

      Basi sa mga komento ng ating blog sa mga naka experienced nito, sila po ay na-deport, in other words port to port. Hindi ko sinasabing totoo dahil hindi naman ako personally ang naka experience pero para sa akin may tinatawag na Risk sa mga may balak bumalik sa KSA na may previous exit re-entry visa.

      Now, if you decide, it’s your decision and you have to face and accept any consequences of your action.

      • Thank you Sir Bong for enlightenment. I think I made the right decision not to apply & go back to Saudi as of now. Risky nga po ayon sa inyo at sa mga nababasa ko. Pero may mga agencies po dito sa Pinas na makukulit at sinasabing wala daw po problema kasi madami daw sila napaalis na may re-entry din 2yrs ago at wala daw issues na kinaharap. Follow up questions lang po, ano naman po maaring mangyari or problema kung ngfile ang previous employer namin ng huroob or runaway (which we don’t know)? At totoo po ba na pag banned sa KSA, banned din in all GCC countries? Nakakaubos po ng hope yan balitang yan kasi mostly ng job openings ay sa GCC countries, at may pending applications po ako s UAE, Kuwait, & Oman…

        • Kadalasan ang ginagawa ng employer ay mag file ng huroob or runaway sa worker. Pero ito po ay may proseso at aalamin po ito ng Jawasat kung may basihan ba na e-declare ang worker na runaway. Sa mga kaso ng exit re-entry at hindi bumalik, the employer will set the huroob as “not reporting for work”. If Jawasat will agree or approve it, then the worker is ban from coming back to KSa for 3 years. But the ban is not cover in other GCC countries not unless the worker is deported due to criminal offense.

  2. Hello sir, ilang days po ba ung validity ng exit and re entry visa? Nag paVisa na kasi ako now pero sa oct 15 pa po yung alis ko,

  3. Sir, good day maitanong ko lang po kung wala bang problema sa passport ko na ma expire this coming October 13, 2016 sa immigration at aalis ako 1st week of October at dun na lang ako mag renew ng passport sa pinas. Regarding din sa re-entry visa pagbalik ko at dahil bago na passport di ba magka problema? anong mga solusyon ang dapat kung gawin.

    Salamat po

    • Ang tanong ay bibigyan ka kaya ng ticket sa airline company kung makitang pa expire na ang iyong pasaporte? Most airlines do not issue an airline ticket with passport with 6 months validity, how much more with only days left validity on your passports? Pangalawa bakit ka papayagan ng employer na umuwi with days left validity in your passport? Kadalasan ang mga employer ay hindi nagbibigay ng clearance sa ganitong situwasyon, sa kadahilanan na hindi ka makabalik on time.

      Assuming, na makauwi ka with airline ticket at walang problema sa immigration, e-attach mo lang ang new passport sa iyong old passport pagbalik mo sa KSA. But you should be aware that the Saudi immigration will hold you in the airport for verification purposes considering that your new passport should be entered or updated in their system.

  4. Good Afternoon Sir.
    Ung wife ko po kasi mag eexit sa katapusan from dubai to oman. And question ko po kasi may negative record siya dito sa pinas regarding Credit Card it’s been like 3-4 years na yun nakakaraan pag kakakwento nya sakin, ngayong araw po ung unag company na pinagttrabahuhan nya naka received ng tawag from solicitors galing dito sa pinas. And ung question is mag kakaproblema po ba kaya ang wife ko sa pag exit & re enter ng dubai due to that circumstances.. Need your immediate response. Thanks po

    • Depende po sa country but in credit card case, dapat lamang na mayroong court order para ma implement nila whatever a court decision is – but if the case is filed in Philippines, nasa Pinas ang jurisdiction nito at hindi sa ibang bansa. Ang mga tumatawag kasi ay mga companies na binigyan ng authority ng card credit companies to collect payments through a commission or percentage na makolekta nila.

  5. Good Day Sir,

    My company loss in the bidding to get another contract to our existing project of a Telecom Company. The contract was due last month but we have given an extension up to the end of this year. (Dec. 2016 G.) Recently, I inquired our HR office regarding END OF SERVICE BENEFITS or ESB. Unfortunately, our HR advised me that based on my contract with our company, I’m not entitled for ESB award. I joined our company on October 2010 G. and my contract was renewable every year. As per my contract I signed are as follows:

    1. Lump Sum Salary – SR 6100.00 per month. This amount includes possible overtime works, housing and transportation allowances and other fringe benefits except as otherwise specified in this letter.

    2. Status – Single

    3. Vacation – 30 days per year + 8 public holidays

    4. Air Ticket – One round trip ticket after each completed twelve (12) months of service, if the employment continues to further at least six (06) months.

    5. Medical – Medical coverage according to labor law / company policy.

    On item-1 “FRINGE BENEFITS” does it fall on this statement to warrant that I’m not entitled to received ESB?

    Thank You po.

    • Larry,

      There are no certain provision or even a single word (Fringe) in the SLL that says Fringe benefits is equivalent to the ESB. Please note that the Saudi Labor Law is clear that “upon the end of the work relation or if the work relation ends due to the worker’s resignation, the employer shall pay the worker an end-of service award.

      If the contract says that “in lieu of the ESB, the worker will receive an extra benefits (food, transportation, health insurance) or other added supplemental benefits to the workers salary.” Then you have to accept that you agreed with the arrangement. However, the employer still violates the Saudi Labor Law on ESB.

      Check again the employment contract and visit POLO office for further advise.


  6. good day sir bong,

    my wife and 2 kids are in the philippines,they have a valid exit -reentry visa till dec 16,2016..i wanted to extend the validity to april 2017 ( 4months additional months ). Are these possible considering the new saudi law that needed to pay 100SR for each month EXTENSION..sir bong please explain further po.Sa MOI website kc wala ganun application to extend validity..

    Also my wife have renewed passport and her exit re-entry visa was tag on her old passport on the dec 16,2016.na explain ko naman po sa jeddah embassy na extension lang need namin at hindi renewal pero they insist to renew passport and tag the old one with extension valid for one year..kaya po ng na claim ko new pasport binutas na old pasport kung saan naka tag un exit reentry visa.me problema po ba yun pagbalik nila dito sa saudi.

    if ma extend in case yun validity ng exit reentry sa old pasport pa rin po ba i-tag yun exit reentry extension..

    thank you

    • Nel,

      What I knew is you can extend your exit re-entry visa in the Saudi Embassy in our country for 1 month with valid reason and valid iqama. I don’t know if there are new law in this regards na puwedeng mag extend ng apat na buwan. My advice is to visit the Saudi Royal Embassy for concrete answer in your query.

      Yes puwede pong gamitin ang old passport na nakadikit sa bagong pasaporte. Sa bagong pasaporte po ilalagay ang extension ng visa at maging ang tatak sa Philippine immigration sa iyong pagbalik sa KSA ay sa bagong pasaporte rin. Pero dapat ang bago ay palaging nakadikit sa lumang pasaporte. Sa paglapag ninyo sa KSA, mag expect na po kayo na imbitahan kayo sa loob ng kanilang immigration office at doon may verification process sila pero hindi naman tatagal. E-record kasi nila ang bago mong passport details.


      • thank you sir bong,

        Ive seen in arab news that the revised exit reentry law stated that for the first two months it will be 200SR and for each month is 100SR.i already paid 200Sr last May 2016 sa exit reentry nila and i was able to apply it sa absheer till dec 12,2016 validity.(at that time wla pa yun revised law sa payment ng exit reentry -published sa arab news august 3,2016). http://www.arabnews.com/node/966771/saudi-arabia..Are my family allowed to visit and transact saudi royal embassy sa pinas?dependent visa category po sila.and the iqama is valid june 2017.

        • Palagay ko puwede pumunta sa Saudi Embassy sa Makati dahil hindi naman for employment working visa ang iyong pakay kundi ang pag extend ng visa validity. Pag for employment purposes, di po tumatangap ang Saudi Embassy ng walk in, kailangan ng recruitment agency.

  7. Hi Sir, Good Day.. hingi lang po ako ng konting advice regarding sa problem ko po sa wrong birth date ng passport ko po… nag apply po ako ng work sa isang agency papuntang saudi dito po sa pilipinas at natanggap nman po ako.. nagpasa ako ng passport and nbi clearance tpos ang sabi ng agency ko meron na daw po ako visa kay nag pdos na po ako.. kaya lang biglang nung vinerify nila ung documents ko iba po ang birth date ng passport ko.. eto nman po ay una hindi ko din alam na meron palang problema sa passport ko at hindi rin nila agad napansin… ang tanong ko lng po ano po ang pwede kong gawin? Gusto ko po sana ayusin muna ang passport ko habang nasa pilipinas pa ako kasi natatakot po ako bka magkaroon ako ng problema sa saudi..

    • Dapat nga pong itama ang pagkamamali dahil ito ay maging sanhi pa ng problema sa darating na mga araw. Sabihin mo sa agency mo na ayosin mo muna ito habang hindi nakompleto ang iyong travel documents.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s